Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Eve!

So Brian and I had to buy ourselves a new laptop battery for Christmas. It was anticipated because it's been unable to hold any kind of charge for awhile, but then our power cord also died on us! So forgive me for failing to update (Michele), but I've been computer-less for days! Both pieces finally arrived yesterday.

An Italian Christmas Eve dinner has always been a tradition in my family. This year we all gathered at my parents' house for lasagna, and it was delicious. We got to hang out and enjoy yummy food and open some presents. Growing up we always opened one present on Christmas Eve, and it was always new pajamas. My mom has continued this tradition into adulthood, and extended it to our husbands and wives. It's always nice to have on a new pair of jammies on Christmas morning!

Since we got new jammies for the kids to wear, they each got to open one present from my parents. Reese was very excited!

But she wasn't really sure what to do. She kind of stood around waiting to be helped (isn't this dress precious? I got it online for like, 75% off and free shipping. I saw it in the store a few weeks ago, but was not even about to pay that much for a Christmas dress! But I LOVE it)!
Wyatt rushed over to help her open up her new Wonder Pets school house. After it was opened, I wasn't really sure who enjoyed the toy more, because they both really love it. Wyatt got an ESPN baseball tee, which I know he will definitely enjoy this spring!
After we got back from my parents' house, we set out milk and cookies for Santa Claus.
Reese was pretty tired, and apparently she didn't feel like moving!
This is definitely a "You can't make me do anything I don't want to!" face. I can't believe that it's now been two years since we found out that we were pregnant with her!
This is what happens when you try to get two little kids to stand together in front of the tree! Our tree this year was set up in the dining room at Brian's parents' house.

The kids were both pretty tired, and they were ready for bed. We let Wyatt stay up a little late so he could watch a Christmas show and hang out with us for a little bit. He went to bed SO excited to see what Santa Claus was going to bring!


No comments:

Post a Comment