Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our Weekend in a Nutshell

I am exhausted. The last three days (you know, since I last posted) have worn me out. Granted, I've gotten no sleep. Thursday I watched the season finale of Grey's live. Then Brian got home just as Owen walked into the OR to find Gary Clark threatening everyone. Fortunately he let me finish the last 25 minutes in peace, but then he wanted to watch it. He actually initially suggested that we just start it over, but I was so emotionally invested at that point that I couldn't. He wanted me to watch McDreamy get shot again? Without knowing what happened? No way! So I watched again with him as soon as it was over. Not the brightest idea I've ever had (but actually much better since I knew what was going to happen). I went to sleep at 1:00 and woke up at 5:50 for work. I was dragging all day!

On Friday night we went to the amphitheater to see Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley. I loved Hootie and the Blowfish (and in fact saw them at the amphitheater years and years ago) and when he came out with his solo album I was so excited! And then for him to come with Brad Paisley, who is one of my absolute favorites was awesome! We actually danced to two songs at our wedding, and Little Moments was one of them. I was in such a rush to leave and drop the kids off at my parents' house and then meet up with Brian that I forgot our camera! It was such a bummer because there was a part of the show where Brad was literally 10 feet away from us singing 3 songs (including Letter to Me and a cover of Fishin' in the Dark which I've always loved) and we had to use our phones. Not good! We got to sit in a box this time with almost no one around, and it was great! Brian's job is crazy and this time of year stinks, but there are some pretty great benefits too!

So here are pictures of last year's stop, which included us getting to meet Dierks Bentley (O.M.G.)!



Us while Brad sang Little Moments :).

And just because this is one of my favorite pictures of Reese from the same day!

Anywho, after picking the kids up on Friday night it was 12:30 before we were in bed! And of course, the kids were up early and Brian had to get ready for an early day at work so there was no sleeping in past 6:30! I got about 30 minutes of nap time in while they slept, and then had to get ready for the Bachelor/Bachelorette shindig for Ryan and Laura.
We went to Bravo for dinner while the guys went to Keagan's and then we all met up to take a limo to Granby Street. Me being pregnant and all, I went along for the ride to celebrate and watch my friends drink, but between the extreme tiredness and the incredible hip pain I've been having, I know I wasn't exactly the life of the party! We got home around 1:30 this morning (thanks to Brian's parents for putting up with that), and Wyatt woke up at 5:50. Yeah. Something has to be done about that. Like Blackout curtains. Or something. Anything. I'm dying here.
On that note, going to bed at 10 seems like a little gift. A present just for me. So I think I'm going to take advantage of that. Goodnight y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment