Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day (Part One)!

Yesterday was Brian's first Father's Day off of work since he started working! Seriously, he has worked every Father's Day for the last 18 years! Crazy! We usually go to the Waterpark for Father's Day, but since Brian was off of work we didn't go. He wouldn't really have any fun, between seeing things that needed to be corrected and fixing them, and being stopped by people with questions. So we went to the zoo instead!

Wyatt and Daddy. Wyatt is wearing his "I get my handsome from my Dad" shirt.
Reese and Daddy. Her shirt says "Daddy's sweetie." I can't believe how big my baby girl looks here!
Wyatt said he needed to clean his hands after walking through the barnyard, and he just walked right up to the hand sanitizer and cleaned them. He cracks me up!
Wyatt obsessed about the snakes the entire time we were there. I swear he would have apparated to the snake building if he could have. Which is my own personal segway to the fact that he was banging on this glass and I shouted "Hey Dudley, do you want that snake to get out?" I am that big of a dork. And it's the time of year for me to do some "re-reading." During the summer I usually read Gone With the Wind and the Harry Potter series over again. I'm thinking about throwing Twilight in there too.
Wyatt is "such a big brother." That's what he says when he does something nice for his sister, which he's actually getting really great at! That's also what he said when he climbed up on this rock and walked back and forth across it!
We came back home and we all crashed. It was a sweltering inferno at the zoo yesterday, and we were all exhausted. By the time we woke up it was time for Brian and I to go see Bret Michaels at the amphitheater. We haven't missed a Bret Michaels or Poison concert in years. I'm not really a "fan," but I tag along because I enjoy his trashy TV shows. Lynyrd Skynyrd was also there, but it wasn't really our "thing" so we left after about 3 songs!
I think Brian had a pretty great Father's Day not working! Last night we realized that he will "technically" have the Fourth of July off this year for the first time ever as well, but I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket! That tends to be a pretty busy day at the park, and I can't imagine him missing out on that.


No comments:

Post a Comment