Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hopes for 2012!


Happy New Year!!! So tomorrow I have a post planned to reminisce a bit about 2011, but I'm starting the year linking up with Samantha at Adventures with Gwen to share my hopes for 2012!


In 2012...

I hope to meet and meet-up with other mommies more.  I have friends with kids, but they don't necessarily operate on our schedule.  Or live close by.  And this might be asking too much, but I'd like to find an actual "friend" in there for me, too :).

I hope to spend less.  A lot less.  Because I'd like to save more.  And stock pile it up.  Make sure that we're investing right for our future.  We don't have much debt because we pay off as we spend (usually!), but I'd like to make sure we save our money wisely.   This probably means a drastic reduction in my trips to Target.  But I've done that before (twice, including the time I gave it up for Lent!).  And more couponing.

I hope to start living a healthier life style.  I know.  That's such a New Year's resolution, right? But seriously, this goes hand in hand with my desire to spend less.  Brian and I eat out a lot.  Way too much.  For our waist lines and our budget.  We have a free gym membership (thanks to trade!), that we hardly ever use.  We are getting big on encouraging each other to get healthy.  It's nice to be able to run after your children and not have to worry about running out of breath (so I've heard)!

I hope to stop hmmm, well isn't this a hard one?  I hope to stop letting other people's actions and decisions affect me.  That's probably a big one.  When I feel like I've been wronged, or my family has, or a friend has, or a whole group of people for that matter, I'm quick to act.  There have been many (many, many) times that Brian (or Brian's voice in my head) has stopped me from sending a text I shouldn't send, or I've just bitten my tongue because it's probably the right thing to do.  Sometimes where I fly off the handle and make up worst case scenarios in my head.  I get worked up.  Now, on some level, I know this isn't awful.  I don't want to be apathetic.  But I should probably remind myself that people (for the most part) don't intentionally set out to hurt or anger me.  And if they do, well, they're probably not people I want around anyway, right?

I hope that I prioritize my time better than I did in 2011.  For serious.  I would like this year to be a quiet year.  I'm quickly becoming annoyed by the extra noise in my life, especially the TV.  I want to spend more time teaching my kids, hanging out with them, talking and laughing with my husband, and being outside (at my parents' house.  In their pool.  Well, I guess our new fenced in backyard works, too).

My hope for my family is that we have a blast together.  That we continue to learn and grow together, and that we continue being "us."  I spend my days surrounded by four pretty amazing people, especially the tiny humans.  I want "us" to stay "us," and I want to make sure that we all feel the strength of our family around us.

My hope for my children is that they continue to become who they are supposed to be.  I want them to be healthy and happy, of course, but I love watching this journey that they're taking as they grow. Watching Wyatt play sports, listening (and watching) Reese's hysterical antics, and watching Hudson grow and learn more everyday.  Each one of them has their own, distinct personality, and they each bring something so special to our family.  They amaze me!

My hope for my marriage is that we always make sure to put each other first.  Date nights, date days, (thanks to great grandparents who also think that our marriage is important!) quick phone calls and texts, and always being there for each other.  When we're in the right place, I know that our family is.

I'm starting 2012 a very thankful and happy camper, and I can't wait to see what this new year brings (besides my thirtieth birthday!)!  What are you hoping for?  Head over to Samantha's blog and link up!


3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for stopping by my little blog. I'm so glad you did, so I could find yours! I totally agree with putting your marriage first, it's so hard with kids though =) I can totally relate to target trips. They will be the death of me. Have a great week! ~andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby has helped me hold my tongue more than once as well, thank goodness for them, right? I also have a gym membership that hasn't been used in a couple of months, I've got to get back in there! Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so great!!! I especially love the prioritize my time better... I need to do that as well!

    And I couldn't agree more about putting marriage first. Although hard, it is so important to maintain a healthy one!

    Happy New Year to you and you're adorable family!!

    ReplyDelete