Friday, August 10, 2012

Funnies from the Kids

It's been awhile since I shared the things the kids say, so I figured I should do it now :).

Wyatt taught Hudson that when you say "Kevin Youkilis" or "Red Sox" it should be followed up with "yuck."
So, if you say either of those things to Hudson he says, "Yuck!"

 Wyatt:
"Mommy, when I grow up I'm going to be a hockey player, a baseball player, and a paleontologist. But after college, I just want to be a paleontologist."
He also told me that he wants me to bring him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every day at the dinosaur museum.

Reese:
"Mommy, I don't need to go to the bathroom before we leave for Didi and Pop Pop's, so DON'T even ask me. If I do, I will. If I don't, I won't."

Wyatt:
"Mommy, are you SURE that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader? And we're sure that he's Luke's father? Can you call Dad and double check?"

Reese (singing The Pretender by Foo Fighters in the car):
"1,5,6 are not like the others! 1,5,6 are not just a number!"
Actual Words: "What if I say I'm not like the others?  What if I say I'm not just another..."

Wyatt:
"Mom, Parker told me that when you say 'Oh my Santa Claus' it makes him happy, and then he brings more presents!"

Me: "Hudson, how did you get so cute?"
Hudson (wasting no time, with a big smile): "Dada." And then he turned around and high fived Brian.

Wyatt watching the Olympic basketball game:
"Mom!  I see Kobe Bryant!  And he's playing with Lebron James!  And....the Duke Coach is there!"
(for the record, he doesn't actually watch NBA basketball.  He just watches Mike and Mike with his Dad every morning).

Speaking of the Olympics, you know your kid has been watching too much Olympic Coverage when he tries to pole vault the kitchen table with the broom.  Not that I would know anything about that :)

This conversation happened in the check out line at Target:
Reese: "Mommy, who are the King and Queen of Birginia?" (yes, that's how she says Virginia.)
Me: "Reese, we don't have a King or Queen in Virginia."
Wyatt: "Yeah, we have a President.  Barack Obama.  How long is he going to be President?"
Me: "There's an election in November.  You get to pick between him and another guy named Mitt Romney."
Wyatt: "Oh, well I think I'm just going to vote for Mufasa."

Which brings me to his final thing...I don't think he's learning the right lessons from The Lion King.  He was standing on the couch with his Mufasa stuffed animal and was holding it by the paws.  Then he looked down at it and said "Long. Live. The King." And he dropped it. I felt like we need to have a conversation after that.  And he told me not to worry.  Because if we were a family with kings, he's the oldest, so he would be first in line and that wouldn't happen. Um, yeah. That's what I'm worried about buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment