Monday, November 12, 2012

Finley's Newborn Photos

Back in September I shared the link to Sarah's blog with our newborn session for Finley, and I shared her birth announcement, but I just realized that I never shared more of our favorite pictures!
 
I first saw Sarah's work when she took pictures of Hunter for Tiffany.  She was amazing to work with and she actually came here, which was a huge plus in my book.  She had also taken pictures of our friends Chris and Ashley with their sweet baby Charlotte, and I knew I wanted her to take pictures of Finley, too!  We hadn't done anything like this with the other three, but I soooo wish we had.  These pictures are just so precious to me now, and I think it would be amazing to have shots like this of Wyatt, Reese, and Hudson.  And you know Ms. Noelle would have made a few appearances in pictures of the first two kids!
 
Anyway, here are some of my favorite pictures from our afternoon (with a bit of narration by me, of course)!
 
This is actually a baby doll cradle that I've had since I was a  little girl. We used Reese's room for some of the pictures, and I knew I wanted to incorporate this in!  Finley looks so sweet in it.

Does this one need an explanation?  Love it!

These kids were a bit rambunctious...

There was lots of jumping on  the bed!

But they did settle down for a few.  And Sarah was incredibly patient with our chaos!
 
Side note - the outtakes of this will need to be shared at a later date.  Reese was seriously mad that we let Wyatt hold Finley for a minute, and the attitude was absolutely captured on camera.  All drama, all the time!

I love, love, love this picture of my girls!

And this little guy is so rough and tumble, but he is just so sweet to his <baby> sister.
 
And this guy.. he just makes my heart happy.  Hudson is genuinely just so kind.  And gentle (you know, with the baby.  Not in "real life.") And sweet.  And cuddly.  He loves his baby sister, and he is a great big brother to her.  I know it's a weird thing to say about a two year old, but he looks after her and always wants to hold her! 

And Finley. 

She is just amazing.

I cherish every single picture of her when she was so teeny tiny.  We've She's almost doubled her weight since then (I am so taking credit for that).  She's getting bigger and she's not my sleepy newborn anymore.  And these pictures are just so precious.  I love the little outline of her face.  And that little nose!  And her eyelashes are insane!  People always say that boys get the good eyelashes (and they totally do!), but this little girl lucked out!

And here's a picture of me and my girl.  Look at her little feet.  So sweet!

I am seriously, so, so glad that we had these taken!  It's only been two months and I already love looking back at my sweet girl - I can't imagine how I'll feel about them in 20 years. 
 
Of course, we loved Sarah's work so much that we jumped at the chance to have her take our Christmas pictures last weekend, too.  I'll try to share those promptly :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I loved your post. I am so glad I got to take photos for you! Your kids are adorable!! So excited that I will get to watch them grow up through pictures now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures! They are so beautiful! Your children are so precious!

    ReplyDelete