Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter Dance Showcase

I feel like there are so many things to do in December.  Fortunately, right now I see them all as fun Christmas-sy activities and not obligations!

Yesterday we had Reese's dance showcase.  Her class meets at her school on Tuesdays, so with the exception of recitals, I don't really get to see what she's up to.  It is so fun to go and see her up on the stage.  She's fearless!  That would scare the bejeezus out of me.

I attempted my first ever sock bun for the recital.  Super easy and so cute!  I did need to secure it with LOTS of pins.  Her hair is pretty fine.
Just a quick backstage picture of her costume. The costumes were all just for the show, so we turned them in afterwards.  It was a little chilly by the door.
And of course her "Jingle Bell Rockin'" performance - So proud of this girl - she did a great job!

It was a cold, rainy day, so she wore her costume shorts over her leggings with rain boots. I was actually so happy that I didn't have to take her out in a dance costume. She thought she was very fashionable!  
The rain and cold has ruined some of our weekend plans, but we're excited for Lunch with Santa today at Wyatt's school!


No comments:

Post a Comment