Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Wyatt's School Year Wrap Up

This kid is moving on the the fourth grade! The school year just started, didn't it?  This year was an absolute DREAM.  I'm not kidding.  Second grade was tough for him.  There were PACKETS and PACKETS of worksheets.  And overall, it just wasn't a great fit.

But when I say that this year was the total opposite, I'm not kidding.  We all have teachers that we remember forever (I ran into one of my favorite teachers ever just a few days ago), and I really think that Wyatt will always remember his time in third grade.  It was a perfect fit, and he thought his teacher was the greatest guy ever.  There wasn't a complaint about going back to school after breaks, he always wanted to be prepared for tests, it was just fantastic.  When I say that I was teary eyed at the end of the school year, I'm not kidding.  I know that this school year, with this teacher, is something that will always stay with him.  They were even twins for awards day!  :)


He also had a great year academically!  Soooo close to straight A's at the end of the year, but he missed an A in math by 60 points.  When he tallied up the silly mistakes that he made and realized how close he was, he realized there was a reason his teacher had him write "I checked my work" at the bottom of those pesky tests.  He was actually supposed to check it.  Ha!  He still ended up with Principal's Honor Roll for those A's and that B.

He had lots of fun friends in his class.  Several of them also played in the sand soccer tournament, so they were all wearing their gear.  When I walked in Wyatt's class for the party, his teacher said, "So, I heard Wyatt got a yellow card this weekend.  It was the first thing he told me today."  I know Wyatt will miss talking sports with him!

And the last day picture.  Here comes fourth grade!





No comments:

Post a Comment