Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Always Horrendous Wal Mart

I would just like to take this opportunity to say that there is not a place in this world that I despise more. We had to go do some "major" grocery shopping this morning and I couldn't stand it! On top of the fact that it's a horrendous, wretched place, they've remodeled the one I go to and moved stuff. The only thing that got me through that place was the fact that I could get in and out quickly! Today I actually had to look for things and it drove me freaking bonkos. My own fault for going on a Sunday (I usually go first thing in the morning on weekdays), but whatever.

On another note, this world would be much easier if people refrained from the following:

1. Standing directly in front of a freezer door with a huge shopping cart while looking for something. I kept trying to get into one door and this lady (on a cell phone) would not budge!

2. Hey lazy lady, how about of you get the snacks instead of telling your 10 year old (while you stand in the exact center of the aisle so no one can move around you) "Not that one. No not that one either. To the right. To the right. No your other right stupid." It would go much faster if you walked over there and got it yourself. Plus you wouldn't have to call your poor kid stupid(kind of demeaning and a confidence downer anyway). Physically trying on your part? Yes. Nicer to your kid? Yes. Faster? Definitely. (P.S. - also did not appreciate you stopping to talk on your cell while still standing in the middle of the aisle).

3. Did they have to take away the self check outs? Brian and I had a system! And you can't tell me that you're going to have those new lanes open all the time. You don't even have half the lanes open some of the time!

4. I really, really, really, really, really, really, REALLY wish that Target would start selling produce. I hate having to take both kids in and out of the car to go to Target and then to a separate grocery store, but I will SO start doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment