Wednesday, September 17, 2008

How Wyatt Spent his Morning

This morning Wyatt's learned a bunch of new things. He can now lock and unlock the back door, which means I am on constant guard in case he learns how to open the door. I will also be spending nap time finding a different lock that will go up higher so that he can never unlock the door, open it and go outside. Our yard is fenced in, but we have the pool, so we need to be very careful. His locking and unlocking of the door also means that there are no "quick trips" to the garbage cans for me to throw out diapers or recycling. I'll end up locked out of the house with two kids inside.

I was getting his snack ready and heard him in the playroom saying "bunny...hop hop hop." This is also how he woke up this morning. We don't know where he learned that. But when I peaked in on him, I saw him reading one of his Animal Baby books with a bunny in it. And he was sitting in his bean bag chair "reading." Then he looked up at me and said "Hi Momma, silly goose."

Wyatt is very disappointed that he can not hold his baby sister at all today. He got a cold, so I'm trying to keep him away from her. It's upsetting because he keeps going and grabbing the boppy and putting it on his lap and reaching out saying "Baby, baby, baby." But I can't give her to him and he doesn't understand and he cries. I'm really hoping this is a quick hit cold and we can get over it. In the meantime, if you're planning on coming to visit and you've been exposed to any germs whatsoever, please wait. I mean that in the nicest way. We would love to see all our friends and family, but with Reese's respiratory problems we can't risk her health (and she can't take anything if she gets sick).

Anyway, here's some pictures of Wyatt reading this morning.





No comments:

Post a Comment