Thursday, September 24, 2009

Our Anniversary (and Traditions)!

Yesterday was our third wedding anniversary! I can't believe it's been three whole years since our wedding day! We both spent our days working (well, I spent my morning working as usual), and when I came home I found these beautiful flowers waiting for me!


We have a few anniversary traditions. The first tradition is that we always buy each other one "traditional" gift. For the third anniversary the traditional gift is leather. I got Brian a leather golf glove, and he got me new leather boots! Brian also got a picture frame, golf balls and a Titleist Yankees hat, and I got a gift certificate for a pedicure. I am so excited to go get a pedicure!

We also traditionally go out to eat at Rockafeller's, which is where we had our rehearsal dinner. Yes, it's apparently a family tradition to have our rehearsal dinners there.

The restaurant sign
Brian wants to let everyone know that the Miami Dolphins are Number 1. But this is not a Miami Dolphin! Our city has these dolphins everywhere. People buy them and decorate them.
Here we are outside the restaurant by the stairs leading up to the room where we had our rehearsal dinner!
We had a lot of fun at dinner, though I think I made a poor decision about my meal. I got crab stuffed shrimp, but it was fried in tempura batter. It was good for a little bit, but then it was too much. Brian's salmon was very good!
After dinner we went to Guad's for some drinks. It was a lot of fun, like the olden days before we had kids. Brian used to live near the restaurant and we used to go all the time for drinks and Mexican. I love chips and that white salsa! Soooooo good!
We're planning on sneaking away from the kids for a few days to spend some time alone in the near future! We're super excited to have a little get-away to celebrate three fantastic years!


1 comment:

  1. So you got him a new yankees hat and he still wears the old stained one in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete