Monday, March 1, 2010

Another Trip to the Aquarium

Yesterday we were looking for a cold weather activity so we could all get out of the house. We took the kids to the Aquarium (which will always be the Marine Science Museum to me), and they were both really excited to see the fish!

This was Reese's first trip to the Aquarium that actually involved her walking with us. I still took the stroller in (it's great for getting them inside, for snack times, and for punishment for little kids who won't listen when they walk by themselves), but we let her walk for the majority of the trip.
She loved being able to walk with Wyatt, to stand and look at the fish, and generally being able to do whatever she wanted. Sometimes I feel bad for her because she's gotten stuck in the stroller at a much older age than her brother. He walked through the zoo and aquarium when he was a year old, and here she is at 18 months finally getting to do it all. It's not hard with two of them out and about, it's just easier when we don't have to chase her too!
They both really liked looking at the sting rays, but neither of them were very interested in touching them. I think it's so funny because Wyatt tries to give her lessons about them.
Reese did try to do a little escape act when we got to an open space, and I just let her run because it was practically empty and she was having so much fun. At least we know that when she runs she always comes back to Daddy!

After her little escape act I decided to declare snacktime so that both kids would get in their stroller. I usually give the baggie to Wyatt and eats and shares some with Reese. I have to say that I am extremely impressed that he actually does share the food. He says "Reesie wants some more? I'll share with her." Of course that means she will get one goldfish to snack on while he shoves 5 in his mouth, but at least he isn't greedy with them!

I am excited that it is finally March, and can't believe that my baby boy ("I'm not a baby Mommy. I'm a big boy. Reese is a baby.") is going to be 3 at the end of the month! I'm looking forward to his birthday, hopefully some spring weather, and of course springing forward! I hate days with less sunlight, and I love losing an hour of sleep to get more sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment