Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Few Random Things

  • Reese has been doing a really good job potty training.  She doesn't pee in her pants at all, but we're experiencing the same hang up with her that we did with Wyatt - she doesn't like to poop in the potty.  It's annoying because I really try to keep her in regular pants all day, but then when she poops she also pees.  Which is a much bigger mess to clean up then just the poop.  This I know.  I dealt with the same situation with Wyatt for 6 months!  But I've learned a thing or two, so now I have a few little trinkets to give her in the event that she actually poops. I'm hoping it happens sooner rather than later.


  • There are a lot of updates about Hudson, but I think I'll save those for his six month post tomorrow.  I can't believe that he is going to be half a year old!  Brian and I talked about it last night, and maybe it's because we had time alone with Wyatt, but out of all our kids it seems like Reese is growing up the fastest.  Maybe because she's always had a sibling around, or maybe it's because a year ago she barely had any hair and now she's got a head full!  I think her birth complications probably also play into it a little bit. I don't know, but I would prefer if my little girl stayed a little girl forever (just a potty trained little girl)!
  • I took out Wyatt's Space Saver high chair today and cleaned it up for Hudson's introduction to solids.  I love our high chair but it takes up more space than I'd like it to.  It's much easier to just put Reese and Hudson side by side on the side of the table where they aren't in the way!
  • I only have 11 days left of Wyatt going to school.  I have no idea what we're going to do all summer!
  • Speaking of school, I called yesterday just to make sure that Reese won't be the only girl in her class next year.  Fortunately they told me that her class is exactly half boys and half girls.  I just didn't want her to be the only kid in the class playing with the kitchen.  I mean, I know she'll play with the trains too, but she is surrounded by boys at home, having some girls to hang out with will be so good for her (at this age.  You know, not when they get all Mean Girl and stuff.  Uck. I don't even want to think about that).
  • Anyway, I'm off to make lunch.  I have a hair appointment this afternoon so I have to drop the kids off at my parents' house before the appointment, but lunch comes first!
  • Oh, I just realized that I completely forgot to mention that we are going to see the Imagination Movers next Friday!  We haven't told the kids yet because they have no concept of that kind of time.  Wyatt knows that they're coming and he did tell me that he wants me to go buy the tickets  to the show at the aquarium?  I have no idea where he comes up with this stuff.  He also told me, "Hey Mommy, if Daddy can't get off work that day, you can just take us, right?  That would be okay.  Just don't tell Daddy I told you that." Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment