Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kindergarten!!!

When it was time to schedule our C section, we knew that school was going to start this week.  We wanted to make sure that Brian would still be able to take the kids to their first days without missing the baby's birth.  When they said that my doctor was available on the 3rd, we booked it immediately.  Part of all of the stress last week when they called to change it was that they wanted to schedule me on Reese's first day (with a different doctor), which just wasn't going to happen!

Wyatt's first day of Kindergarten was yesterday!  Brian left the hospital at 7:15 to get home and get him to his first day.

I know I've said it a million times, but I'll say it again.  KINDERGARTEN?!  How did he get to be 5 and in Kindergarten so quickly?  It seems like he was born yesterday (and not just because one of the kids was in fact, born the day before yesterday).  The time flies by, which is something that I'm trying to remind myself while I snuggle Finley at night.  I know that she will grow right before my eyes, and one day it's going to be hard to remember what it was like to hold my second baby girl!

Wyatt walked into school and straight into his classroom.  His teacher remembered that the day before was Finley's C section date, so she congratulated him on being a big brother again.  Then he literally sat down and got right to work!  Over the next few days he has some assessments (checking to see if he needs to do a review of his readers, etc), and they start learning about all the fun units.  His teacher sent home each month's curriculum, and I am so excited to see everything he's going to learn this year!

We were worried because he's the only one of the boys in his class from last year that is moving up to K.  The rest are all in Pre-K because they don't meet the cut off for September 30th birthdays.  It turns out though, that just because WE didn't recognize and of the boys' names, it didn't mean that Wyatt didn't know any of them. Apparently one little boy that he played with on the playground a lot last year is in his class, which made it better for him!

We are so excited to watch and help him learn more new things this year - I know Kindergarten is going to be awesome for this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment