Friday, September 9, 2011

Wyatt's First Day & Week of School

Wyatt's first day of school was Wednesday.  He was very excited to go, especially after taking his sister to school on Tuesday.  He wasn't very excited about getting his pictures taken before school, though!
 He was more interested in showing off his backpack.
 He had a really great day!  He was very excited to see his friends from last year at school, and he really likes his teacher.  I think he was excited to play with some new toys and have someone to play with besides his sister!  When we dropped him off he rushed over to his friend Ethan, and when Brian picked him up he ran over and his teacher said, "He had a great day.  He's a good boy!" 

Today I took him to school and we did his usual car pool.  He likes it when his Dad takes him to school and walks him in, but he also likes to be "big" and get taken out of the car by teacher and walk himself to his class.  I'm not going to lie - I also like carpool!  So much easier than taking the other kids out!

When I picked him up his teacher Ms. Janette brought him out to buckle him in.  She told me that he had a great day, and she also said that she had put a Phonics book in his backpack!  That means that he's now identified all of his letters and sounds, and he can now start working his phonics.  I am so excited that he got it, because that was our main goal for September.  When she told me, Wyatt said, "Yeah, I knew all my lower case letters today."  When she went to shut the door he said, "Bye Ms. Janette!  Have a good weekend!"
 
I have to say that I am really excited to watch his progress this year!  It's going to be a huge year for him as he learns to write better and he learns to read!  So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment