Monday, October 1, 2012

Disney on Ice

Brian was able to secure us tickets to the Disney on Ice show this weekend.  We took the kids to see the Toy Story on Ice show two years ago when I was pregnant with Hudson, and they had a lot of fun.  This year's show is "Rockin' Even After" and it featured Ariel, Rapunzel, Merida, and Belle.  Reese loves the princesses, and Wyatt is easy to win over when Tangled is involved,  He really like Flynn..or Eugene.  Whatever you want to call him.
Reese got a little scared when The Little Mermaid part of the show started.  She gets scared easily, so she rushed down to sit on my lap, which was really convenient because I already had Finley ON me in the Moby wrap!  It wasn't that bad or scary, and once the Tangled part started she perked right up.  I have to say that I probably looked down on Tangled when it first came out because I didn't think it could ever top the movies from my youth, but I really like the movie and the music! 
Hudson has really gotten into "MOUSE!  MOUSE!" lately, so he was very excited to see Mickey, Goofy and Donald!  I didn't hear him call for Toodles while we were there, but he's been known to.  We were watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse the other night before bed, and after Mickey asked, "Hey everybody, wanna come inside my clubhouse?," Hudson said "No!"

The kids had quite the Disney weekend, because Brian also took the two big kids to see Finding Nemo at the movie theater.   Apparently Reese also got scared there, because she hid under the table at the beginning!  I guess she doesn't like watching the shark part either!

I'm really looking forward to another trip to Disney World, and I'm planning on exposing Hudson to a little more Disney goodness over the next few months.  He already recognizes (and says) Mickey, Daisy, Goofy, Simba and other Disney Junior characters (he will lose it when he sees Jake!), but I think we'll probably watch a few movies.  He's a big fan of Toy Story and "Bzzzz" and "Woody", so I hope he's a little nicer to poor Woody this year! Of course, Cinderella is coming out of the vault tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll watch that, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment