Thursday, March 27, 2014

Soccer and Baseball, Oh My!

I promise that our lives don't consist of Wyatt's sports and nothing else.  Saturdays are just the only day that I'm able to pick up my big camera!  I'm going to TRY to be more conscious about it next week.

Last Saturday was INSANE.

10:30 Soccer (which means out of the house by 9:45)
12:00 Birthday party for one of Wyatt's good friends 
1:00 Tee Ball for Reese 
3:00 Baseball scrimmage for Wyatt (which means home at 5:30).

Needless to say, it's good that we're now a two-cars-that-can-fit-more-than-one-kid-each family.

Wyatt's soccer game was really fun to watch (I use "fun" loosely because, well, it's soccer. And soccer to me is meh.  But my kid was playing, so FUN!).  His team had only played together twice before Saturday's game (at one practice and another game), and they played a team that has been together for awhile.  And it's a team of all girls.  Wyatt's last team suffered a tough loss to them, and our hopes weren't high for this game.
 But he and his buddy Jack scored a goal apiece.  Wyatt has headed the ball in the last two games.  It's weird because no one has taught him how to head the ball.
 A little celebrating occurred.
 He also got to be an official goalie for the first time.
 He was excited to try it, but I don't think that being goalie is his jam.  He needs to be in the middle of the action.  He spends his time in the goal following the ball at the opposite end of the field.
 The other team ended up tying the game in the last 30 seconds (really), but that made it exciting.

And after a birthday party, some pizza, Gatorade, a juice box, and water, this kid was ready to play baseball (not what I would feed him on a typical Saturday, but you know, birthday party!).

After a quick change of clothes, he hopped behind the plate.
 And then headed up to bat.
You know, just a typical Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment