Friday, May 16, 2008

Busy Week!

The last few days have been a little crazy around here. I've been working my regular days, but I have been exhausted when I get home at night. And I'm not going to lie, I've probably been a little grumpy too! I love to spend time with my little guy, but I'm used to having Daddy at home by 6 - and with the waterpark opening tomorrow and all the last minute little things, we've been lucky if Daddy's gotten home before Wyatt goes to bed. I don't know why, but by the end of the day my legs and backside feel like I've done about a million squats during the day. And let's just say that I have been doing no squats. I would be fine if the pain was actually getting me some sort of result like an actual workout, but it's not, and I'm finding it difficult to stand up or even comfortably sit at night.

On top of my already sour mood, I was trying to help Brian do some yard work the other night when we had a bit of a malfunction. Our patio furniture was knocked down during the Mother's Day Monsoon and I was trying to pick up a chair when some sort of chain reaction happened that resulted in the table top glass shattering into like a gazillion pieces. It's bad enough that it broke, but now we have to take Noelle out on a leash at all times because there's still a chance glass could be somewhere, and we're not 100% sure that some glass didn't get in the pool. So that's going to require some extra vacuuming over the next few weeks to make sure that it's out.

On a rather exciting note, Wyatt has started to say more new words than ever before. Anything green and leafy is a "tee," which is tree. He knows that Ducks say "cack, cack, cack," and that a doggie says "Woof." Yesterday he said "Noelle" really well when he pointed at a picture of her, although it did come out sounding a little country, but very cute. Now if only he would say "Momma" at some time other than than when he's crying....

He's also started giving Noelle cookies which makes them both really happy. She's warming up to her little brother now. Hopefully Wyatt follows her example when his little sister comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment