Saturday, August 23, 2008

Stressed Out!

So I'm starting to think that knowing when the baby is coming is worse than not knowing. If I didn't know when she was coming then it would be a surprise and we could just leave. The house could be in disarray, Wyatt might not be packed, the bathrooms might be messy. But knowing? Ugh. Especially with the C Section. I know that when I get home I'll be essentially useless. That means that when I leave this house Monday morning, I can't leave anything out of place. No specks of dust, no dirty dishes (or even clean ones in the dishwasher), no dirty laundry (even clean laundry left in the dryer), and the carpet vacuumed with the lines in it.

I don't know what I'll do for two weeks with no vacuuming, especially with a toddler and a black lab. Vacuuming isn't just something that someone else (even Brian) could do for me. I'm very specific. There's a pattern to my vacuuming. The lines have to be visible...where the vacuum goes up and comes back down. I'd like to thank my mother who made me vacuum every day of my life from the time I was like 10 until I moved out of the house for instilling this compulsion in me. Vacuuming was so important that it had to be done before my homework. Seriously. It's a good thing she lives so close. She's probably my best option to vacuum for me.

Anyway, I re cleaned the fridge and pantry yesterday after I got all the groceries we'll need through next week. I cleaned the bathrooms today. Almost all the laundry is done so that we'll all be packed (hopefully tonight). I dusted yesterday, but I'll probably dust again tomorrow. I used my Deceptively Delicious cookbook today to make some purees and some more meals to freeze when we come home. Tomorrow I'm going to make sure all the baby gear is put together and has batteries in it, put together the pack and play for the changing station downstairs, and Brian will hopefully hang stuff on the walls if he gets home early enough. At the same time we want to spend as much time as possible with Wyatt, so we'll see what happens. In either case I'm going to do some packing over the next hour and then take my Ambien. And hopefully get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment