Monday, January 19, 2009

Helpless

I don't know what to do. Wyatt literally can not sleep. His nap yesterday was very brief, last night he only slept in brief increments and today hasn't been any better. His nap lasted about 20 minutes before he woke up coughing, and even though he fell asleep in his high chair at dinner, he's been in his crib for an hour sleeping in intermittent bursts. Dr. Jones' nurse told me this morning to only give him cough medicine at bed time and that should help him sleep, so I gave him some and turned on the humidifier and have his mattress propped up.

But he still just seems so miserable. And I know that he doesn't understand it. Every time I go in to suction out his nose he looks at me with this sad look and says "Wy wy gonna feel better?" And I can't tell him that he is. There is absolutely nothing else that I can do for him. He's slept in our bed with Brian for a few nights while Reese and I stayed downstairs, but that's all we can do. Worst of all, the first real snowfall that we've had since he was born is coming and he's not even going to be able to play in it. I just feel helpless.

No comments:

Post a Comment