Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reason 7482736 Why I Hate the Cold

I am not into frozen tundras. In particular, I don't find them to be nice places to live. If I were ever to move away from home, I would go south, not north. I think 75 degree days are perfect days. Basically, I am miserable right now.

Our pool is frozen over. That's right. Frozen over. And some Genius decided to take a step on it this morning for fun.

It started to crack, so he got off.

Despite my severe hatred of the cold, Reese and I braved it this morning to take her over to my parents' house. She and I slept downstairs last night so Brian and Wyatt could sleep in our room. Typically I strongly oppose letting my kid even think that he can sleep in our room, but he woke up every hour after we put him down. When Brian went in to check on him Wyatt said "Go night night with Daddy pease?," in his most pathetic voice, so into our room they went.

Anyway, Reese needed some fresh air away from her sick brother so I took her over completely bundled up to hang out for a few hours. She's sleeping now and I'll go pick her up once she's awake. Brian and I didn't get much sleep last night either, so I think we're going to try and catch a nap while Wyatt does.


1 comment:

  1. I may not have displayed the full powers of my intellect when I decided to walk across the frozen pool...However, at least I know how to spell the word "genius". I believe that step 1 in becoming a genius is actually being able to spell the word.

    ReplyDelete