Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Water Country USA

On Monday we went to Water Country USA. I know, I know, it's not Brian's Waterpark. But we're still allowed to go there! Brian always likes to check out what's going on in the industry, and to be honest, he would have absolutely no fun if he spent the day at work. Instead of having fun he would be distracted by, well, work. No fun! Going to Water Country is actually a perfect mix of our jobs...his job is Waterparks and my job is competitive analysis. Sure, my job is in the insurance industry, but whatever!

Wyatt was able to go on a really big slide for the first time with Brian. He was so excited to ride the big slide with Daddy! He couldn't ride the big rides last summer. We also spent a lot of time in the kids' section. Wyatt stayed on an alligator in the water for awhile. We had the same one at the Waterpark back in the day when I worked there, and it was always very popular with the kids. They liked to stand on it. I liked to yell at them for standing on it. Wyatt preferred to make himself slide off of it and onto his back. He had a ton of fun splashing around. Even Reese had a good time, and she's been skittish in the water recently.

After we ate lunch the boys hung out in the wave pool while I put Reese to sleep in the stroller. Wyatt was so cute paddling around the pool with Brian. He had a lot fun when the waves came on. He and Brian also rode the Hubba Hubba Highway, which is basically like a streaming river. When you put on a life jacket all you really have to do is lay back and the water pushes you around. It's really fun, and I liked watching the boys float by because Wyatt was pretending to swim around!

Both kids fell asleep on the ride home, and Brian went and played a round of golf while I cleaned up a bit. We finished his perfect day off watching John Adams on DVD. We just started Netflix, and so far it seems okay. I didn't watch the first movie (The Wrestler), but I wanted to watch John Adams when it was on HBO and I never had time. We've watched 2 episodes so far and it's pretty interesting, but I am a history buff. I know some things aren't accurate, but it is what it is! Tomorrow is my last day of work this week, so I'm pretty excited. This is the part where my husband rolls his eyes and mutters something about me only working 20 hours a week, but I'm not complaining! I'm just excited to have a four day weekend, and I love the fourth of July (for the aforementioned historical reasons, not because I like fireworks)!

You can really see her three teeth in this!
Walking around in the water
On the alligator
Wave pooling it with Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment