Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Reese Can Feed (and Soothe) Herself!

Sort of. The other day she needed to be fed, but I was unloading groceries. I decided to give her the food and her spoon just to see what would happen. I wouldn't say that she did a stellar job, but I think she did pretty well for being 10 months old!




I've been pretty well rested for the last 5 days too! I finally gave up getting up in the middle of the night to feed her. The child is ten months old now. Wyatt was sleeping through the night at four months! He did start waking up at 4 am around the nine month mark, but we quickly put a stop to that.
One night she woke up around 3 and I went and turned her music on. She cried and cried, but I turned the volume on the monitor down and kept the video screen up. I could see that she was fine, she just didn't want to put herself back to sleep. I think it took about 20 minutes, but she finally did.
Brian found the repeat function on the iPod the next day, so the music just keeps repeating all night (both kids now need the streaming sounds of the Smashing Pumpkins Lullaby CD to put them to bed - all Brian's doing -gag me), but she's slept through the night every night since! Thank goodness, I'm finally sleeping through the night too!

1 comment:

  1. UGH!!! Just rub it in that you are getting sleep! I am seriously at my wit's end with this kid. She never has any issues going to sleep for a nap or for bedtime. The girl loves her crib. But she constantly wakes up at night...I tried to let her cry it out once and it was a nightmare (lasted over 2 hours).

    Does Reese ever wake up Wyatt? That's also a concern. If I play music on repeat would that wake up the rest of the house??!!!

    ReplyDelete