Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trip to the Children's Museum

I don't want to say that my pregnancy is stopping us from doing fun stuff on Brian's day off.  But I will say that when we wake up and the forecast involves extreme heat and tons of sunshine, it definitely puts a kink in our plans!  We've been talking about going to the local Children's Museum since we went to the one in Raleigh last year during our hurricane evacuation, so we decided to give it a try!

We had the. best. time.
Especially my little bus driver.
My little Doc McStuffins fan was very excited to be a doctor!  When you ask her what she wants to be when she grows up, her answer is always "doctor."  She loves that show so much, and I love that she's curious about it all.
This might be one of my favorite pictures of H EVER. I loved the way he ran up and wanted his picture taken!
Wyatt was able to squeeze in three holes of putt putt.
Hudson and I look so tiny in the big chair!
And Wyatt had a blast trying to use the air to get that ball through the hoops in a section about energy and force!
Our local museum isn't nearly as big as the one in Raleigh.  It kept us busy for about three hours, and the kids really liked it.  We ended up getting the membership here, too. Seriously, we now have Busch Gardens passes (although we only have to pay for Brian and I because they have free preschool passes for little kids), a zoo membership, a Living Museum membership, and the Children's Museum, too.  But even if we go one more time this year, the pass will pay for itself (and I think we'll be there plenty more)!  We've got to find ways to save money and keep these kids entertained!  Ha!  Fortunately we know that we can get plenty of use out of Busch Gardens passes in the fall, so it's not a waste!

I just looked at the calender and realized that Brian only has 5 days off between now and school starting (and my due date)!  That is craaaaaazy!  Fortunately, it means that the summer is winding down, but it also means that I will have a 4 year old in a month.  I can't believe that our Reesie is turning 4!  Time flies by.  Her party is already booked, the invitations are waiting to go out, and I really just have to worry about the paper goods, her birthday shirt, and the cake!  Thank goodness for The Little Gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment