Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Play Dates and "Real" Dates

I am trying my best to do fun things with the kids on our days together this year.   Last year they were victims of my final trimester of pregnancy, and we really spent most of our time at home.  I spent a grand total of one morning at home this summer before I realized that it was probably better for us all to get out of the house a little bit!  Ha!

Last Tuesday we met Kelly, Emma, and Alyssa at the YMCA for a play date.  It was our first trip to the outdoor pool at the Y, and they had a great time.  Reese especially liked that she was able to see her good friend Emma, but I think Hudson might have liked it more.  He was definitely trying to monopolize her attention!
Finley was worn out from her morning at the pool (I also left her in the childcare that morning while I worked out, so it was a very long morning!).  She was actually falling asleep on my shoulder while we walked through the pool.
We went over to my parents' house that night for dinner, and this little girl really got her feet wet.  She LOVES the pool!
 And so does he!
 My Aunt DA and cousin Madison were in town visiting, and the kids had the best time.  They always love to play with Madison, but I think Hudson might have liked it most!  He kept throwing pool rings into the deep end for her to retrieve!
On Wednesday the kids and I met up with Mendee, Sophie, and Derek at the zoo.   The big kids always have such a good time together, and this time Hudson jumped in on the action.  I let him run around, and Derek was so good about holding his hand and holding him up when wanted to see something!
 They begged me to take a picture of their "numbers."  It's always a fun game before our play dates for Wyatt to guess which player Derek is going to represent at their play date.  They can't meet up without wearing their Yankees gear!
On the morning of our play date at the zoo, Reese woke up with her eye a little swollen.  In all honesty, I thought it was a mosquito bite from being at my parents' house the night before.  Later that day, it was pretty bad, so I called the doctor.  I gave her Benadryl hoping it would help, but it didn't.  She woke up the next day like this:
Her poor eye was basically swollen shut!  I planned to take them back to the Y that day, but her little eye problem bought her a visit to Dr. Jones.  It was an "allergic reaction to something," so we just treated it with cold washcloths and Benadryl.  Fortunately, it looked MUCH better the next day, and by Saturday you couldn't tell that there was anything wrong!

On Friday night Brian and I got tickets to go see this guy in concert.  Fun date night!
It's no secret that we love Brad Paisley (2011, 2010 & 2009), and we were so bummed to miss his show last year.  But you know, it's not that easy to leave your three week old and head to a concert!  We had our best seats yet this time (one of the perks of Brian's job).  Lee Bryce and Chris Young were with him, and it was a great show!
 And Brian just thought I was mildly ridiculous when I mentioned Rayna Jaymes.  Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment