Friday, August 2, 2013

Five on Friday

It's been a week and day (literally) since I last updated the blog.  We had some computer issues, and yada yada yada, I haven't much felt like sitting down to update it.  But I figured linking up with Darci for 5 on Friday was a good way to jump back in to the blogging groove.

<ONE>
It's August 2nd, and Reese birthday party is basically completely planned (minus the cake).  Hallelujah!  She was originally hoping for an "art" party, but the local pottery place wasn't as nice/organized as I hoped.  So we decided to go with the good ole Little Gym again, but she has specified that she wants "lots of bubbles, lots of hula hoops, and only a few boys."  Ha!  Her theme?


She had a ball helping me pick plates and decorations and goody bag stuff out for her party.  She is so in love with Sofia, and I know she will love it when we take them to see Jake and Sofia on stage next week!

<TWO>
Everyone has been doing their very best and trying so hard at swimming lessons this summer, and these two were rewarded for their hard work last night at the Y!  They passed the swimming test to get to ride the big slide, and they were so excited!  They had to swim a lap and then tread water - I wasn't surprised that Wyatt did it, but I was worried for Reesie.  She has become quite the mermaid (is it wrong that her front and back glides make me proud?), but I didn't know if she had the stamina to make it across the pool and then tread water.  So proud of their hard work!

<THREE>
It's a tax free weekend, and I know that someday (when I have to buy school supplies and back to school clothes times 4) I will be really excited about it, but I just can't get into right now.  The kids and I ventured to the store this morning and I bought the last of Wyatt's school supplies, but not much else.  The store was starting to get crazy!  Maybe I'll check online sales, but I'm just not that into it yet.  

<FOUR>
Mason was in town this week, so we went to visit him on Tuesday.  I love seeing these sweet cousins hanging out together.  My favorite parts were hearing Mason say, "Wait Wyatt!" while he ran after him, and also hearing all 4 of these kids chant "Katie! Katie! Katie!" to get their aunt in the pool with them.

<FIVE>
My baby is going to be one in a MONTH!  I was feeling pretty proud of myself for having Reese's party planned, but now I've got to get to work on Finley's (much smaller) party.  I think we're going with a Winnie the Pooh party to celebrate her first birthday - partly because I call her "Finley the Pooh," and well, honestly, I'm surprised we haven't had a Winnie the Pooh themes party yet!  This might be my last chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment