Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Snowpocalypse: Part Un

After last week's snow, I really thought the weather man had lost his mind when he said that there was more coming.

Yeah, not so much.
 It started on Tuesday night - crazy snow flurries quickly turned into inches of powder.  We woke up to about 7 inches.  And these crazy children asked to go outside at 6:30 in the morning.  Again.

We finally made it out around 10.  Brian helped our neighbor shovel her driveway.  And then they shoveled ours.
 While they took care of the driveways, the kids got down to work making snow...stuff.
At Kathleen's they played.  When they moved over to my driveway I put them to work clearing off my trash can lids.  They need to earn their keep after all.   Who knew they would think it was fun? (Okay.  I had an inkling they would).
Reese found a big chunk of snow (not on a trash can lid, just to clarify), and started eating it.  Such a weirdo. 

{I say it with love, obviously.  But I still think it's weird. She's a cutie though.  Was that too Mother Gothel?}
After all their hard work playing outside, they came in and asked to help make snow ice cream.  And then they gobbled it down.

We spent the rest of the day making {and cleaning up} messes, working on homework {evil mom over here, y'all}, and watching Christmas shows.  Yes, Christmas was a month ago, but when you don't get actual snow at Christmas, it's nice to watch them again with snow on the ground. 

And if I'm being honest, Brian and I also spent some time binge-watching Revolution.  But that's just me being honest.

In a true shocker, we actually got the phone call at 3PM yesterday that school's were closed today.  We live in a district that literally waits until 5AM to make that call most of the time, so getting that call 14 hours early was unprecedented. And they did it again for tomorrow. Which means I get another snow day home with the kids.  Time to scour Pinterest for some snow day ideas....

No comments:

Post a Comment