Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Reese's Sixth Birthday

I have never met a kid who gets as excited about their birthday as Reese does.  She actually made a video for me planning out her day in advance so that I would know what she wanted to do.  This included her menu for the day so I could shop.  Not even kidding.

Brian stopped at Party City for Frozen decorations, and I found a banner in our birthday supply box.  She loves to see decorations out "just for her."

 She also has the BEST reactions to gifts. She doesn't say anything until every piece of paper is off of the package (even if she can see what it is). Then she gets really excited, and runs and hugs the gift giver.
 Wearing pajama pants with nightgowns is her new thing.  And they don't match.

She loved the Palace Pet collection that Wyatt chose for her!

 Reese wrote thank you notes for her gifts the night BEFORE her birthday.  Even Finley is shocked by her prompt acknowledgment of gifts.
 Derek and Sophie were hanging out with Mimi for the day, so Reese suggested that we move her "pizza lunch" to Mimi's so she could share lunch and cupcakes with them.
 Finley was a big fan of that idea!  She loves a cupcake!
 Reese had tee ball practice, and then we went to her requested dinner at the "place with peanuts and mac and cheese," known to most people as Texas Roadhouse.  Then we had cake and ice cream!
 She walked around all day shouting, "I can't believe it's my BIRTHDAY!  I'm six!"

Happy Birthday, Reesie!  We love you so much!

As Daddy said,
Six years ago I had no idea what to do with a little girl. 

Six years later, I don't know what I would do without her. My Reesie is quite simply the most well rounded person I have ever met. Smart, funny, beautiful, loving and caring - great words that don't even begin to do her justice. My world is a better place because of her.

Happy 6th Birthday Reese!!

No comments:

Post a Comment