Friday, March 6, 2009

My Birthday

I turned 27 yesterday! It wasn't a hard birthday. I don't feel old or anything. Unfortunately Brian was out of town working at another waterpark his company purchased in Florida, so he wasn't able to be here. I got to pick whether he left on Sunday and came back on Tuesday night, or whether he left Wednesday and came back tonight. I picked the weekdays. I just didn't want him to miss out on all the weekend fun. And Sunday was pretty disgusting so I didn't really want him flying then anyway.

On Wednesday I got my birthday present - a new iPod - and packed Brian up for his trip. The kids and I spent the rest of the night hanging out.

For my birthday I got to wake up at 5:30 and get ready for work! But the good thing about work is that I have great friends who decorate my desk (even if I'm too stubborn to leave it), feed me cake and wish me happy birthday all day. Apparently they're even having breakfast for me on Tuesday (I'm off tomorrow, so Tuesday is my next day back)!

Once I got home from work both kids went down for naps. And I got flowers from my husband! When the kids woke up I took them to my parents' house while I went and got a birthday pedicure :). Then I went to Target to pick up a few things (my brother and soon to be sister-in-law sent me a gift card that was burning a hole in my pocket). My Dad made yummy lasagna for my birthday dinner and we had some ice cream cake.

The kids and I came back home, and I got Wyatt ready for bed. I thought he might be ready to go to bed right away (it was 7, his bed time is usually 8, but I've been trying to get him ready for the whole spring forward thing all week by putting him to bed early since we change the clocks this weekend), but he was having a bad night. He was sad that Daddy wasn't home when we got here (really, really sad. He kept asking "Daddy gonna be home too?" while we were driving home) and he cried and cried. And with those tears in his eyes he looked at me and said "Wyatt gonna go night night with Mommy?" Now, going "night night with Mommy" does not mean that he sleeps in my bed. It just means that right before bed, he gets to climb in and watch Zaboomafoo or Caillou until bed time. Once that's over I tuck Wyatt and Monkey into their bed and they go to sleep.

While we watched TV I fed Reese and put her in her crib (she cried for a few minutes), and then I put Wyatt to bed. I followed all of that with American Idol. Can I tell you how stoked I am that they made a Top 13 to put Anoup through? I love him. I actually don't really dislike anyone.... yet.

This weekend I want to go shopping with some birthday money (I need clothes, and I've got a 30% off coupon for the Limited), and maybe go out to dinner with my husband. On Sunday we're going to Funny Bone with a bunch of friends. Dave's birthday is the day before mine, and Shannon's birthday is the day after mine, so its like an 8 year tradition for us to all do something together. Maybe longer. I think the first thing Dave and I ever talked about was our birthdays while we cleaned the nasty break room at the waterpark. That was 11 years ago. Oh my gosh, I can't believe that was 11 years ago. Crazy. Now I actually do feel old.

No comments:

Post a Comment