Wednesday, April 20, 2011

At the Beach!

This week has been absolutely gorgeous!  It's truly been a week that makes me incredibly grateful that we live so close to the beach. We are very fortunate because the beautiful weather coincides with spring break - which means that Katie is out of school and able to do a few fun things with us!

After I checked the forecast Sunday, I asked Katie if she wanted to go to the beach with us today.  She said yes, so we went!  My dad was kind enough to watch Hudson (who cried his head off the last time I left him, but was apparently an angel yesterday), so Katie and I just had to take the two big kids.  I was also able to drop my van off to get the oil changed on the way, so I wasn't just relaxing - I was also doing chores!

Wyatt and Reese were both so excited to go to the beach!  They asked about it all day yesterday, and we were actually able to get out of the house on time this morning.  A rarity.  I'm pretty sure my dad was shocked to see us at 9!

The first thing you need to do when you get to the beach is have a snack.  Duh.

And then run around like crazy kids.

Our sweet girl
  
They were running all over the place.  It wasn't very crowded when we got there, and they had a blast.  When Wyatt looked over at the area behind them he said, "Oh,  that's where Marc and April got married."  I mean, do all kids have memories like that?  Because it is crazy that he remembers that!
 
More running. At one point they each stood facing each other and ran to each other to hug.  That's also how they say good night to each other.

Wyatt and Katie

There was a Bobcat on the beach today. I guess they were shuffling sand, but out of all the days of the year, they picked an 83 degree day during spring break?  I don't get it!
We had a few issues today with throwing sand, but for the most part the kids were well behaved.  We went on a short walk to the water (which was freezing, but they begged to go in past their toes!), walked under the pier, and then walked up the pier where we found a ladybug (the kids loved that).  I'm seeing a lot of beach trips in our future this summer, and I know that we will have a blast!

1 comment:

  1. In that picture of Katie, it looks like she has Mickey Mouse ears on... am I the only weird one that notices those things and then leaves a comment about it?!

    ReplyDelete