Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Busch Gardens!

Brian finally went back to Mondays off after three weeks of crazy Mondays!  We like to go do fun things when he's off, so we went off to Busch Gardens.  With swimming lessons and Wednesdays off the last few weeks, we just haven't been able to make it.  Sunday mornings or Mondays are the best time to go - a few lessons we've learned from Brian working in the industry!

Brian's parents were able to come with us, so we all had a lot of fun!  Reese talked all morning about wanting to ride the Sesame Street roller coaster  - and I kept telling her that I didn't think she was tall enough because she wasn't when we went in May.  But she was!  She was so excited when she found out that she got to ride the roller coaster with Daddy!


I love this picture of the two of them!  Wyatt ran up to her to ask how she liked the roller coaster and she was so happy!

My little smiley guy!
 I feel like we spent the majority of our day at this ride!  Brian rode with each kid about 3 times and then they also rode with Mimi and Baba.  So we took pictures to pass the time!
 No trip to Busch Gardens is complete without an airplane ride.  We let Reese take her own plane, and she did a pretty good job of keeping it in the air - Wyatt is in the red plane and she is in the white!
 Wyatt noticed this game when he was getting on the plane ride and asked if he could try - he needed to kick two goals into the goal to get a prize.  His first two kicks weren't that powerful - he was nervous and a crowd had gathered to watch - but his third kick went all the way in!
 Brian took these - I'm sorry, I know there are people out there that like bumper cars - but how do you  tolerate that rubber smell in the heat of the summer?  I seriously feel nauseous every time I smell these things!  So Hudson and I waited in the shade while the kids rode.
It was soooo hot that day and we decided to leave after the carousel, which is like, the farthest place from the exit in the park!  Hudson didn't want to ride in the stroller anymore, so I had to carry him in his Baby Bjorn, and the big kids rode in the stroller.  I know Brian was exhausted pushing 70 pounds up and down hills in the stroller, and I thought I was going to die of heat exhaustion carrying my 20 pound guy around attached to me.  I have never been so happy to leave Busch Gardens in my life - or so thankful that we have preferred parking!  It was so nice to get to our car without a tram or another 20 minute walk!

It's nice that we're able to alternate weeks with outings and then time spent at home.  I can't wait until the fall when Brian gets weekends off again (although, sadly, his three days weekends are probably a thing of the past).  It's so nice for us to have a day of fun things, and a day where we can actually get things done around the house!  Fall is quickly becoming my favorite time of year with trips to the pumpkin patch, and the nice weather and of course, Hudson's first birthday!  But I still want to make sure we still find ways to have fun in this sweltering summer heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment