Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Dip

We had a Girls' Night (really, Mom's Night Out) last night for the ladies in our court.  Our instructions were to bring a dessert and wine.  I brought this super easy chocolate chip dip and a bottle of Moscato.  Apparently there are a lot of Moscato lovers on our street - 5 people brought it!


The picture stinks (the battery for our Canon Rebel was dead) because I took it with my phone, but can I just say for the 12 millionth time that I adore my Fiesta Ware?  Seriously - I hate unloading the dishwasher, but opening it and seeing all my colorful plates makes me so happy!

Ingredients
  • 1 package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • Graham cracker sticks (I used Teddy Grahams - couldn't find sticks)!
Directions
  • Beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
  • Add the sugars and vanilla; beat until smooth.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Serve with graham cracker sticks. 

I can't tell you how yummy this was.  It's seriously (in my opinion) better than chocolate chip cookie dough.  Brian will probably disagree, but he isn't a cream cheese person like I am (I LOVE some cream cheese.), and he is a cookie dough person.

Now that I've shared this delicious, completely unhealthy recipe, I will also share that I'm planning to run a 5K in October with my neighbor.  Seriously.  I'm going to start training now.  And I've informed Brian that he needs to meet with at the finish line with water and a medic :).

No comments:

Post a Comment