Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Pinterest Project

So I am pretty obsessed with Pinterest.  I love the website, but it's also my new go-to app.  I feel like I find things that I want to do all the time.  This project was actually something that I intended to do last month, but I ended up finishing last week.  I made this bow holder for Reesie's room.
 Excuse how ugly the flash made it!  It was super easy.  I picked up the wooden "R" at Michael's.  I tried painting it with a brush (I had leftover paint from the sample I got when I was painting her room), but it wasn't good.  I really knew better, but I thought I'd give it a shot since I already had the paint.  I ended up picking up a can of spray paint to get the "R" the way I wanted it.  I hot glued the ribbon at the top (I thought I could hang it there) and the bottom.
I decided against hanging it from a nail and ended up using a Command strip!  I am so happy to finally have a place to hang up her collection of bows.  I bought half of these at a craft show and I got the other half at Pigtails and Crewcuts.  Maybe I'll start making her bows, too?

I am also working on a magnetic make up board (you don't have to put the make up away - it can be art - ha!), but I need to finish gluing the magnets to the back of my make up!  Hoping to finish that up by Wednesday (I'm aiming low - we're going to see The Deathly Hallows tonight, and tomorrow is Brian's day off, and a Girls' Night with our sweet neighbors).  I'm also making a yummy new dessert for the Girls' Night tomorrow - I got the idea for it on Pinterest, so I'll probably share that as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment