Friday, June 14, 2013

Post Grad

After Wyatt's graduation we had to take the obligatory pictures with everyone who came to see him graduate!

Wyatt and his proud Daddy.
 Pop Pop and Katie came to see him!
 Wyatt with Mimi and Baba.
 Proud Mama!
 Hudson wasn't so much proud...he was more excited to be able to play with new toys and eat cake. 
 Didi came from work to see his graduation.
 Okay, so this girl does not enjoy any kind of attention that doesn't belong to her.  She was basically grumpy for the 4 days leading up to Wyatt's graduation because it was his "special day," and because I was taking him to the water park that afternoon.  I didn't even make her come to the graduation because I knew she would spend it pouting, but I did want to try and get a picture of the two of them.  This is the best I got!  She cheered up on the way home when I stopped to get her a frosty, though!
 Wyatt's mini-me was very proud of him!
 We walked all the way out to the car before we realized that we never got a picture of the two of us with him!  Fortunately we were able to run back in.  I don't want to forget this special day for him in the school where he has grown so big and learned so much!  We are so thankful for all of his wonderful teachers!
 We are so proud of how hard he worked this year, and we can't wait to see how much he learns in First Grade next year!
I took him to the water park that afternoon while Katie stayed with the other kids.  We had the best time!  It's very rare that I get to do anything with them one on one, and it was fantastic.  We rode all of the "big kid" rides, he helped me carry his tube up the hill, and he even gave me a big hug at one point and said he was having the best day with me.  Brian was able to take one picture before he headed back up to his office to do work (boo!)!
Once we got home from the park, he went straight to his room to put together his new Lego set from Didi.  Seriously - graduating, the water park, new Lego's, and a Sonic slush - does it get any better for a 6 year old?
 Also - we decided that graduating from Kindergarten deserved a small gift - and that we would give him his very first toy gun.  Coincidentally, it's a storm trooper's gun. We talked to him about using it the right way, not pointing it at people, etc.  But here's the thing.  I already want to take it away from him.  He's using it perfectly, but I've never heard a more annoying sound in. my. life.  
And of course we give it to him when he's about to be home all. summer. long.

No comments:

Post a Comment