Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder... or Whatever

So I haven't posted in like a week. And the reason for that is simple. The Croup. Again.

I had to rearrange my schedule last week and work Friday instead of Thursday. Since I was off of work, Reese and I dropped the boys off at the free movie and went to run errands. We dropped Wyatt's school physical form off at the Pediatrician and then went to Target. Brian called JUST as we were leaving Target to come get them. It was perfect timing. We dropped Brian off at work and I figured we had time before naps to take Wyatt to get his haircut. There were three stylists on duty at Pigtails & Crewcuts, so we were in and out in 20 minutes! Then I looked down at my phone and saw the Pediatrician's office had called to let me know that Wyatt's physical form was ready! Seriously, does a day get any better? I LOVE our Pediatrician and even though we now live 45 minutes away, I have no intention of switching. So I swung by (with both kids) and picked up the form. And I apparently lost my mind and let Wyatt touch the buttons in the elevator. Yeah. The day was going great until that moment. Perfect timing, perfect day. "What's that called when everything intersects? The Bermuda Triangle."

I know better than to let my kid touch the elevator buttons at the Pediatrician's office when there are notices about the whooping cough, I really do. But apparently I was a moron that day because he was so good getting his hair cut and walking in the doctor's office that I let him.

So we had a good day. I tucked him in and he fell right asleep. Immediately. Within 3 minutes. And then I heard the barking seal cough an hour and 30 minutes into his slumber. And before I knew it he was in bed with me coughing all night. And when he woke up in the morning he was wheezy. I felt so bad for him. He didn't understand why he's sick. Now he will say that it's because he touched the elevator buttons at Dr. Jones' office and got germs. Fortunately the doctor fit us in and got us a prescription for steroids. Awesome. He slept okay the first night. Really well the second night. And terribly the third night. And then the 'roid rage set in. He was angry and hyper yesterday and it was awful. But that was the last day of the steroids and he was feeling much better today.

And now I can start blogging about fun things again.

No comments:

Post a Comment