Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Boy: 27 Weeks!

  • How far along: 27 weeks!
  • Size of the baby: He's the size of the cauliflower, about 16 inches and 2.5 pounds
  • Total weight gain: 15 pounds
  • Maternity clothes: I found a dress for my reunion that I didn't hate. I guess that's a good thing?
  • Gender: Yeah, he's still a boy!
  • Movement: is constant. He's apparently pretty happy with the amount of space he has to move around.
  • What I Miss: Walking like a normal person. I am in full waddle right now. Seriously. Oh and I love my flip flops in the summer, but I'm pretty sure that they're the only thing my feet will fit into this fall.
  • Sleep: The third trimester hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday, but it was really hot and we spent the morning at the reunion picnic. I'm basically tired from the time I was up until about noon. Then I sometimes get to nap with the kids. Today I didn't and I'm really tired.
  • Symptoms: Hip pain, exhaustion, getting full after like 3 bites of food. Nesting. Brian and I spent all of naptime today unpacking the room over the garage. We made a lot of yard sale piles (mainly books. Who keeps their college textbooks for fun? We do.). We also discovered a need for more bookshelves. Fun.
  • Best Moment of the Week: Lots! My reunion and catching up with old friends was great. Wyatt and Reese raising their hands at the right time when I ask them who's the oldest, who's the youngest, and who's right in the middle is awesome. They point to my stomach when I ask who the youngest is. Too cute! I feel like we might finally be making some headway in the potty training issue with Wyatt.
  • What I am Looking Forward to: Naming this baby. Buying matching Mommy/Baby pajamas for the hospital from Old Navy (yeah, seriously we're going to match). Our entertainment center and front door organizational systems' arrival. Brian decided to us the furniture I've been coveting from Pottery Barn and I am soooo excited for it to come! It's not supposed to ship until the end of the month, but I am planning where things are going and what we're going to do with everything. We have a lot of birthdays coming up (this weekend we have two parties) in August and it ends with Reese turning two! Also, at my next appointment we SHOULD be able to schedule Gooey's due date! Brian and I have to talk about the pros and cons of delivering him at 39 weeks (I can't go through the NICU experience again), and then schedule at our next appointment on the 19th!

2 comments:

  1. You look great! I am glad the reunion was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed reading this. It's such a great blog! And every time I do read it, I can't believe how different my life is from this...it's all so beautiful and sweet and hard and wonderful...and my life is beautiful and sweet and hard and wonderful, but in totally different ways. actually makes me miss high school, which i never thought i'd say...

    ReplyDelete