Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Years Ago Today

Two Years ago right now Brian and I were taking Wyatt out for ice cream on his last night as an only child. I was packing bags and getting the three of us ready for trips to the hospital and grandparents' homes for a stay. Brian and I were having a last minute discussion about Reese's middle name while I filled little favor bags with Reese's Pieces. I was looking forward to the arrival of our new baby girl.

The day Reese was born was the most wonderful, horrible, emotional, terrifying, stressful day I have ever lived. And thinking about that day, even now when I have a perfectly healthy almost 2 year old girl running around, brings all of that back up. It probably always will. I'm scared of Baby Boy's birth, even though I just keep telling myself that it was all a fluke with Reese. But tomorrow I took the day off and we'll have lots of fun to celebrate Reese's second birthday. Because even though that day means crazy emotions for Brian and I, it will always be the day our little girl was born, and that is something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment