Friday, August 12, 2011

Pinnable Me: My Walls are Desperate!

Linking up with Stefanie again to share all my fun Pinterest finds!

When we moved into this house a year and a half ago, we didn't really do much in terms of getting things up on the walls.  I think one big reason for that was fear.  When you move into a house that someone else has lived in, you're eager to make it yours.  When you build a house (or move in a newly built house that you didn't have complete control over during the building process), it's daunting.  What you do kind of determines the "feel" of your home.  The second reason?  Builder's grade paint.  The paint that was used when they built the house is less than ideal.  I can't wipe it down or clean it and it's yucky.  So we needed to paint.

I do the painting here.  I painted every room in the old house.  But I found out I was pregnant about a month after we moved in, and the ceiling's are 12 feet high in family room, foyer and dining room.  I'm five feet even. We need a painter.  Fortunately, he's coming.  Soon.  He does all of the painting at the park, and once again, Brian's job got us an amazing deal.  Like, free.  Yay!

So now I'm planning all the fun things I want to add to the walls once they're painted.  We have tons of pictures of the kids to put up, and some other things, but I've also seen a ton of things on Pinterest that I can make - or get on the cheap!
I think that this would be amazing in the playroom (which is actually supposed to be a dining room).
Source: etsy.com via Brittney on Pinterest

I LOVE this. It's meaningful, and it's super cute! (Mom and Dad's birth dates, wedding day, kid's birthdays)

I first heard this on Oprah- and I thought it was awesome!
Source: etsy.com via Brittney on Pinterest

This would be so easy!  Keys from our homes hung up in the house.  So cute and simple.  When we were looking at houses before we moved we also saw a home that had paintings of their homes by the front door.  I really liked that, as well!

This would be awesome in the hallway by the kids' rooms!
Source: etsy.com via Brittney on Pinterest

I also really like this style up the staircase.  At the old house this would have been perfect because the stair case is by the front door.  Our stair case is hidden in the back of the house, but I still think this would be great!

1 comment:

  1. That stuff looks great! It gave me some ideas of what do to with my stuff!

    ReplyDelete