Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reese's Third Birthday

I still can't believe that my sweet girl is three years old!  Of course, she's so tall that people have just assumed she was three for months, but to me, she's still my baby girl. 
 When she woke up on Thursday she said, "Today is my birthday!"  I wished her a happy birthday and she replied, "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"  We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and then we opened her presents while Daddy was still home (he stayed with us until about 10:30 that morning).

Wyatt was very excited for his sister's birthday, although it might have been because he was excited to see what was added to the family's toy collection!
 For her birthday she got a Minnie Mouse DVD,  a pair of purple Converse shoes (she loved her old ones, but they're too small now.  And these were on clearance at Target), a Melissa & Doug ice cream cone set (50% off with Michael's coupon), a Leap Frog toy and this Minnie Mouse chair.  This is the exact reason I got her the chair - she loves to sit and read, and I thought this would be perfect for her!
 After presents, we all loaded up in the van and I took the boys to my Mom and Dad to hang out while I spent some time with Reesie.  While they went to the pet store to look at animals, Reese and I went to Pots N' Paints to paint something.  It was her first experience, and she picked an ice cream cone to paint.  She was a little heavy handed with the paint, and she wanted to do everything herself, but she did a great job!
 We picked up the boys at lunch time (and this was about the time Brian called and told me that he wanted me to start looking at hotels), and came home for naps.  I made this beauty at nap time.  Not to toot my own horn here, but this cake was awesome. I used a recipe here for the cake and this one for the frosting.  I used the giant cupcake mold my sister gave me for Christmas, but the recipe didn't yield quite enough batter.  It was still yummy though, and looked pretty good!
 Waiting patiently for her cake!
 After we sand Happy Birthday, she started working on the cake, but then decided she would rather share with her baby brother (who was sitting in his chair grunting for a bite!)
I'm so glad that she had such a fun third birthday, and I know that she still had a fun weekend in Raleigh!  She still keeps telling me every five minutes that she's three years old now.  And she's so big!  I can't believe we're going to her Open House tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Your cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete