Sunday, March 10, 2013

Six Months Old!

 Finley is SIX months old!  I mean, half a year!  How did that happen so quickly?

Stickers from Watch Me Grow

Here is what Miss Finley Quinn is up to:
  • She weighs 17 pounds.  That was her official weight at the doctor last week when we went for her ear infection.
  • She has officially started solid foods - really, just rice cereal.  But she's getting used to the spoon, and she seems to like it, so I suppose we will be making quick work of getting to carrots and squash and sweet potatoes!
  • She's breast feeding about 7-8 times a day.  This includes at least one night feeding.
  • She fits in 6 to 9 month sizes.  I'm slowly packing away her little 3 month clothes (but I'm squeezing her into her 3 month sleepers for one more wear) .  It's a little heartbreaking!
  • She falls asleep on her own (once she's swaddled, with her music, with her blanket, AND with her pacifier).
  • One of the bigger, um, issues, that we've had with her is lots of constipation.  She went from late November to the end of February only pooping once a week!  Well, the ear infection coupled with the antibiotic really helped clear that up.  And now we've discovered that she really hates a dirty diaper.
  • Her schedule right now is usually waking up between 6 and 6:30, eating, playing, eating, going down for a nap after drop offs, waking up around 11, going to pick the kids up, eating, going back down around 1 and then sleeping until 3:30.  Then she eats, plays, eats solids, takes a bath, and then nurses before bed.  I usually put her down around 7. Daylight Savings will probably mess all that up!  
  • She is sitting up on her own  for short periods of time, so I usually prop the boppy up behind her.  She loves to sit around and rake in the toys that I put around her!  She really loves her sophie, her rattle, little blocks, and her soft cloth book!
  • She started saying "da-da-da-da-da-da" last month, and now I swear that she says "Hi! back to me when I say it to her!
  • Obviously she had her first ear infection.  I have no experience with a little one with an ear infection before (or anyone with an ear infection ever), so this was a bit of a new adventure.  A A not so fun one.
  • She still loves the Ergo.  She is super easy to take to stores and practices when I'm wearing her.
  • Her toes are in her mouth.  Constantly!
  • She LOVES Wyatt.  A lot.  I think his relationship with her is just precious.  He always wants to be there for her, and she really loves him.  It's a bit different than his relationship with Reesie!
And a few more of our baby girl this month!

Hanging out, waiting for diaper change.
Waiting for food.
They sit next to each other at the table.  This cracked me up!
She loves some food!

2 comments:

  1. I can't get over that she is six months old already!!! And I am in love with the pic of her and Hudson at the table, cracks me up! Happy 1/2 birthday beautiful Finley!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she is just so squishable! And what's cuter than baby toes in their mouths?! :)

    ReplyDelete