Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Weekends

Weekends never seem long enough, do they?

On Friday afternoon, Brian got home from work and I begged him to get me out of the house.  The cold weather and kids cooped up inside had driven me to the point that I just needed to get out!  So we loaded them up in the car and took a little drive before he left for the hockey game.  

Saturday was basically the same.  I am almost never a person who begs to get out of the house on Saturdays - I spend so much time running around during the week, and so much time trying to get out of the house as soon as we wake up on Saturdays in the fall and spring. In the winter I just want to stay home.  This weekend we colored for a bit and then ran errands.  If I turn Disney Radio on Pandora, Brian and I can actually have an adult conversation while the kids sing.
Wyatt had a late basketball game, so I made him fit in reading time beforehand.  I'm trying to find special reading spots for each of them, so they have a place that is comfortable, but also good for their imagination.  So far, the tee pee is a winner for Wyatt.  Reese likes to go upstairs and sit by the window - although she does want a "comfier place" in her new room!
Hudson had his first Star Wars experience on Saturday night when he watched The Phantom Menace.  He's hooked.  But if we follow the "Daddy Plan" he won't watch another movie until he's four and it will be A New Hope.  That's what the geek squad calls the original Star Wars movie (I kid, I kid.).  Wyatt is sworn to secrecy about the fact that Anakin Skywalker is Darth Vader who is Luke's father and also Leia's father because they are twins. For serious.  My 6 year old has been keeping it from the other kids for a year. He's also been told not to tell kids at school. That's impressive and kind of crazy.
Finley is back to her old stethoscope ways.  She's also very into hats right now.  
These kids have a real knack for driving me bonkers at Target lately.  Hudson only wants to sit in the front of the cart.  Finley doesn't want to be put down.  On Sunday they came to an agreement for about 30 seconds that this made them both happy.  It didn't last long, but it sure was sweet.
And after the epic battle of good-ish versus evil-ish on Sunday night, we had backyard races.

Yep, backyard races.

Reese thinks that she's faster than Wyatt. (She totally is).
Wyatt doesn't think so.
So...backyard races.

There was stretching.
And running (and cheating).
And really, she went 2 for 3.
Her winning streak was a good way to end the weekend (for her anyway).

And then, you know, they went to bed early because The Walking Dead  and Downton Abbey were coming on.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment