Sunday, August 8, 2010

10 years? Seriously?

This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. Crazy. In a lot of ways it feels like 10 years, but it also didn't when I was in the midst of conversations that seemed completely...not awkward. Anyway, last night we had the big semi-formal affair at the Westin. I freaking love that place and its alfredo sauce. Delicious.

The most surprising thing to me was how many people I didn't know! I looked at the list of attendees a few weeks ago and thought I knew pretty much everyone going. And then I got there and didn't know as many as I thought. I knew a lot of people, but not everyone. That made it awkward. Like three people came to talk to me, and I had no idea who they were. I would turn to my friend when they left and we would just shrug. Awkwardness. Fortunately for me, a lot of my classmates were there. And when I say classmates, I mean people that I had every single class with. Because I was IB, I went through all 4 years with a pool of about 60-100 (it was closer to 100 freshman year and closer to 60 senior year) kids in my classes, which meant we had the same kids in our classes all the time. It made it easy at the beginning of the school year and during discussions (which there were a lot of) because we always knew who would talk and we never really had to get to know each other! I was also pretty "involved" so I knew a lot of kids outside the IB program too, and was able to catch up with everyone.
I seriously wish I had my graduation pictures scanned in right now because it would add comedy to these photos.
Me, Brooke and Kelli. Kelli organized the event and it was awesome!
Either he's gotten taller or I've shrunk! Devon was in my French class from French 3 until I dropped French 6 senior year (sleeping in outweighed AP French Lit), and was my partner in class. His accent sucked freshman year so Madame partnered us together and it stayed that way through AP French. I'm not giving him credit for my 4 on that AP exam though.
Darcy, Devon and me! Speaking of people in all of my classes, Darcy and I had a lot together, but a particular favorite was math. Most kids probably paid attention, but we did make up. We set up our own personal Clinique counter and went to town. If you're wondering what our teacher did, the answer is nothing. I mean, he talked to us about the magic of thinking big or something, but not actual math. We had our friend Hunter for those tutorials. Don't get me started on Latin. All I can say is "The roaches will have to chill."
That's how big I am at 27 weeks! Third trimester like WHOA!

I think there's some sort of football rivalry here, but this is extreme. Darcy is a Red Sox fan and she's still one of my favorite people. For goodness sakes she was in my wedding!
Today we went to a picnic at Mt. Trashmore for everyone and their kids and that was a lot of fun. Even though it was HOT outside. Brian and the kids went and basically got to play while I chatted, but it was still fun and a great ending to an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment