Monday, January 2, 2012

Where Did the Year Go?

I have seen these reviews all over the place this week, and I thought it would be fun to do my own! I couldn't pick one post a month - it's not fair to all three kids:)! Here is what our crew was up to in 2011.

January started with me sharing a day in my life with a 3 year old, a potty training 2 year old and a 2 month old.  I wish I'd done more of that, and I think I will this year.  I think it might be one of my best posts ever!  I shared my dorkyness with everyone.  And I'm basically not ashamed of it.   Reese's personality grew by leaps and bounds, and my children became obsessed with The Fresh Beat Band.  And I (finally) completed one room in  the house a year after we moved in!

In February, dress up started in full effect.  Hudson was three months old!  We celebrated Valentine's Day, and made crafts to go with it.  A few days after Valentine's Day, our new nephew and cousin was born!  We were so excited that Mason was finally here!  We went to the zoo.  And the hockey obsession began.

In March we celebrated my 29th birthday.  Hudson had his first play date with Joshua.  Wyatt had his very first t-ball game and he got the game ball.  We were so proud!  We made rainbow cupcakes.  We finally got to meet Mason!  And of course, Wyatt turned 4 at the end of the month!

April started with Wyatt's birthday party at the zoo.  We had a great time, and we're really thinking about doing it again this year.  We went to his spring program at school, and it was adorable.  Roy Biggins  Hudson got his first "at-home" hair cut - he needed it desperately.  We took our one, and only, trip to the beach.  In April. Seriously, we had such a great time, how did we not go more?  And of course, we dyed Easter Eggs!

Hudson turned 6 months old in May!  He started eating solids, and he just grew up right before our eyes!  He missed out on our strawberry picking trip, but he did start talking!  Brian and I surprised the big kids with a trip to see the Imagination Movers in concert.  And we went to Busch Gardens!

In June, Wyatt had his first team party for t-ball.  The season went by fast, and we are still so thankful that he had such an amazing coach!  We visited Daddy at work for the first time of the summer, and I started purging my iPhone and sharing it each week.  I'd like to get back to that this year!  The boys took a trip to the train bridge, and Wyatt had his last day of school!

We spent a lot of  July at my parents' house in the pool, and Reese liked to pretend to drown her baby doll. Sweet, I know.  I was horribly embarrassed by Reese's actions at our neighborhood 4th of July party :).  And the big kids kept up with their swimming lessons!

In August I interviewed Reese and Wyatt after I found a cute interview on Pinterest.  Hudson turned 9 months old.  Brian and I went to see Kenny Chesney for the fifth time after he took a year off.   And in the same week, Hudson got his first hair cut, Reese turned 3, and we went to Raleigh to get away from Hurricane Irene!

September meant the start of the school year.  Reese had her first day of school ever, and Wyatt started his second year!  We celebrated Reese's third birthday Minnie Mouse Style at The Little Gym (after it was rescheduled because of the hurricane)!  And Wyatt started his fall sports!

In October we went to the pumpkin patch!  We took advantage of our season passes and went to Busch Gardens for Hallowscream.  And we celebrated Hudson's first birthday before we went trick or treating!

On November 5, Hudson turned 1!  How did that year go by so fast?  We had a pretty slow month leading up to Thanksgiving, and we met Parker at the beginning of the season!

We rang in the holiday season at Disney World, which is definitely the most magical place on Earth at Christmas time!  Wyatt and Reese both had their Christmas performances at school before their winter break.  We visited with Santa.  And we had a great week together before we celebrated a wonderful Christmas!

I can't believe that 2011 is over.  It flew by, but I am so thankful that I was able to document our year on here.  There are so many things that we might forget, but I'm always able to keep this updated.  We are looking forward to an awesome year, and all the fun it will bring.  Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment