Saturday, August 3, 2013

Eleven Months Old!

I'm going to start this the same way I do every. single. month.
It's just unbelievable to me that this little sweet pea is 11 months old.
I mean, a year ago, I looked like this.



Finley's 11 month stats:
  • Somewhere around 21 pounds?  She hasn't been to the doctor since her 9 month check up!
  • She does a great job feeding herself, but she isn't that interested in eating right now.  It's a recent thing, but she only wants to be in that seat if she wants to be...which is almost never.  She'd much rather be exploring!
  • We are still going strong with breastfeeding.  I don't remember any of the other three being this interested in it at 11 months (in fact Wyatt was done, Reese was completely weaned, but drinking breastmilk from a sippy cup, and Hudson was well on his way to drinking whole milk at 11 months).  Finley shows no signs of stopping, and I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.  I know that it's become more mainstream to go past a year, but I'm selfishly over nursing tanks right now, and I'm really struggling with weight loss.  Although I don't really want to call it selfish when I've been pregnant or breastfeeding a kid for 78 of the last 84 months (that's 7 years). So I would really love for her to start drinking whole milk soon.  But I'm not pushing it!
  • We have finally found a sippy cup that she loves!


  • Chunk-a-monk is wearing mostly 12 month clothes, but I'm still able to fit these thighs into 9 month outfits!
  • I don't even want to talk about the sleep situation.
  • Our little bottom scooter has finally taken her first two or three steps...and that's it!  It's almost like she's completely uncomfortable standing, and she takes a few steps just to sit!
  • She says, "Dada," "Mama," "Spsshhh" (for splash), "Uh-oh!," and "More!"  She recognizes a lot of words though - "eat" and "snack" being two of her favorites.  She knows who to look at when she hears the names "Wy Wy" and "Reesie."
  • She has 4 teeth!
  • She doesn't have a favorite toy - she prefers getting into anything and everything!
  • She has the best, sweetest personality.  I just love watching her little face light up every time someone comes in the room, and I know she is going to have the best time being social when fall sports start!



No comments:

Post a Comment