Monday, September 14, 2009

Trip to the Zoo!

The Waterpark is closed! YAY! I had the kids to myself all weekend while Brian worked and he stayed home with us today. We decided to go to the zoo because it isn't too crowded this time of year, and we basically had the whole place to ourselves!'


Our first stop today was the barnyard (uck). Wyatt really enjoys the barn animals, but I felt like we were on a superspeed tour of the zoo. We breezed through the barn yard and he told us he was taking us to the snakes and monkeys. We've probably gone to the zoo once a month this summer (and I honestly don't think we went in August), but Wyatt has the place memorized.

We just recently started going to the nocturnal area (I'm afraid that I have some sort of wizard gene that I don't know about and can speak Pareseltongue. I live in fear that the glass will disappear and a snake will slide out. I know the snake will be nice to me if I am in fact a Parseltongue, but it still scares me. Plus, if I am an heir of Slytherin, I don't want to know about it.) and he knew every animal before we got there. And yes, that entire tribute to Harry Potter should prove to you what a dork I am. Brian's gotten very mad at me lately for all of my vampire references from reading Twilight, claiming that they're inaccurate. I say that ultra dreamy (borderline stalker) vampires do exist, but he says they're all mean and want human blood. Whatever!



Anyway, back to the zoo. After the snakes we went to see the prairie dogs. Wyatt had a pretty good view...


He didn't realize it was up there until I told him!

Reese absolutely loves the prairie dogs! She sat there and talked to them and pointed them out. She thinks that they are so funny!

This was too cute! I have no idea what they're talking about.

Today the kangaroo exhibit was finally completely open! The last two times we've gone the kangaroos have been partially hidden so they could get acclimated to their new environment, but today we were able to see them hopping and everything. Both kids loved it, and there are at least 10 kangaroos!

We stopped to take a picture of Reese in the butterfly garden. She looks so big!

Wyatt and I looking at the "Daddy Lion." He was able to tell us so much about the animals today. He is just learning at such a fast rate that he even surprises us with some of the things he says and does. He's becoming a better big brother every day, and he's even opened up to some new foods lately! He's also doing really well with the potty training (although I am going to buy new potties tomorrow), and we're so proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment