Wednesday, March 17, 2010

American Idol: Week 1

There is a strong possibility that I might give up on this at some point because I am so bored with American Idol already. Kara annoys the garbage out of me with her freaky shoulder movements and all her talk about "artistry" and "connections to the songs." Ellen honestly cracks me up at some points and other times I think that she has no idea what she's talking about.

I'm not really that into this season, although I did break down and vote for Lee last night. I think that for all the "boring" and "safe" comments the judges rambled on and on about just to hear themselves speak, I thought he did a great job.

My new enemy this season (because I always have one, and they inevitably end up in the top two - previous years' enemies were David Archuleta and Adam Lambert) is Aaron Kelly. I don't know what it is about that kid, but I just find him to be so sugar coatingly annoying that I don't think I can stomach his preciousness. So probably expect to see him be the first name announced as safe tonight, and look forward to hearing him singing some awful Kara DioGuardi song about standing in a tornado and persevering through the wind in May (has there ever been a good finale song?).

My bottom three for tonight (and Brian and I are playing Fantasy American Idol again so the stakes are high) are:
Tim Urban
Paige Miles
Lacey Brown
I'm hoping beyond hope that Lacey goes home, but I think Paige is going to go home tonight. I could be wrong. Maybe she got sympathy votes because she was all "I have laryngitis and couldn't practice." I guess we'll see in a few hours (you know, after I fast forward through the entire episode so I don't waste my time - I like to be efficient).

No comments:

Post a Comment