Friday, March 12, 2010

Potty Training!

I seriously feel like we've been potty training Wyatt for the last 6 months. I hate to make excuses for him, but I really feel like the confusion of moving out of our house, moving into his grandparents' house and everything else just caused this setback. Like, he wanted to have control over this one thing. Now that we're in our own house again, he has been doing a fantastic job!

I'm not sure what it is, but over the last 2 weeks, he has had this major breakthrough, to the point that I even leave the house now with him in his big boy pants (regular underwear, not pull ups). The only problem we still have is with his bowel movements. He likes to do his business as soon as he wakes up in the morning and as soon as he wakes up from his nap, so it most often happens in his Overnight diaper (which has actually been dry in the morning) or the Pull Up he wears at nap time.

He has never been a fan of sitting down to urinate, he prefers to stand up. He does a great job, and once I help him get everything off, he usually runs in the bathroom, does his business, and then washes his hands on his own. But going in the little potty has been such a pain because I have to go empty it and clean it. Wyatt must have been reading my mind, because the other day I sent him into the rest room to go, and when I walked by I saw him standing on his stool, which he'd pulled over to the toilet, going to the bathroom. Then he just pushed the stool over to the sink to wash his hands. He cracks us up!

I've decided after this experience that now is the time to really crack down on Reese and get her potty trained. I am so incredibly ready to stop buying diapers it's ridiculous. I think she'll be really good about it, and she's already gone in the potty a few times, so now I just have to commit to it. And I think I'm ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment