Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boy oh Boy!

Today was absolutely crazy! It started off as usual (except, you know, I was happy because Lee DeWyze won American Idol last night), with work and meetings and stuff. But then we had a regular monthly check up at the doctor's office.

I was so freaking confused. They called the other day to confirm my appointment, but I already knew all the information. My appointment was with the new doctor at the First Colonial office. So I picked Brian up from work and off we went. Except when I checked in the receptionist was all like, "I think you're supposed to be at the Princess Anne office." Oops. I am such a stinking air head. Fortunately they fit me in with one of my favorite doctors at the last minute.

So Brian and I waited, got called back, did the usual routine (by my count I have had my blood pressure checked over 75 times in the last 4 years) and waited for the doctor. He came in and started to try to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. He found it multiple times, but the baby wouldn't stay still for longer than 2 seconds! He said he knew it was there but that he likes to listen for longer, so he sent us for an ultrasound. At this point I was pretty sure that we were going to find out what the baby was today. Four weeks early!

Now, this was all during lunch hour, so we had to wait forever for the ultrasound tech to come back. When she finally got back we went in and she asked if we wanted to know what the baby's sex is. We've talked about being surprised, but I can't do it. Sorry. I'm weak! Anyway, of course we said yes, and once she found the heartbeat she said "Well, he's got a strong heart beat!"

We are so excited! There is very little doubt that he is a boy! Brian and I were just talking about what we wanted last night (obviously, after everything we went through with Reese especially, having a healthy baby is what we want more than anything), and we both seemed to be more excited for the kids to have a little brother than a little sister. So we got our wish Reese will be smack dab in the middle of two brothers, so she will always have someone keeping an eye on her!

We told the kids today and the reactions ranged from "Yay, a brudder!" and jumping up and down to "No! I don't want to listen to surprises! I want to play hide and seek with Daddy!" Of course we also needed to make a trip to Target anyway, so we ended up perusing the newborn section. Well, all that and I have been eyeing these onesies for weeks and I had to go get them for our Baby Boy!
The onesies are the ones I've been wanting for a boy, and the outfit on the left I got on sale for $3.47. We have a ton of boy stuff and I am really looking forward to going through it, but the boys also have birthdays in completely opposite seasons! I will not get out of control with this baby though.

Anyway, that draws my incredibly long post to a close! I am just ridiculously excited that we are having a boy, and that we found out what he is 4 weeks earlier than we thought! I love knowing what this baby is, it feels so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment