Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beach Day!

Brian and I used to go to the beach a lot before the kids came. His only day off was Monday back then, and I rearranged my work schedule to 4 day weeks during the summers so we could have one day together. We used to be lazy, leave the house when we were ready, not have to worry about interfering with any schedules...

That's just not the case anymore :)! This is actually the first time we've gone to the beach since either kid was born! It takes a lot more to get them onto the beach (and we were parked pretty close) between chairs, toys, life jackets, snacks and towels. I'm exhausted just thinking about it!

They had a great time, and almost as soon as we got everything set up and sunblock on everyone (which I've now decided is a task best done BEFORE everything gets sandy) Wyatt decided he was ready to swim, while Reese was more interested in playing with the sand.
But if we wanted any pictures of Wyatt swimming at all, we needed to go to the ocean. And Reese absolutely loved it (and so did Wyatt). She loves watching the waves come up and crash over her little feet!
Wyatt would have stayed in the water all day if we let him. He absolutely loved it! And yes, he wears a life jacket in the ocean. The very thought of just holding onto him in the ocean astounds me. One wave could come and knock you down. You could get bitten and startled by a jellyfish. Your grip could slip. And then what? The ocean is endless. Infinite. There is no wall. It's not clear. And the whole thing is the "deep end." I'm not taking any chances with this little guy or his sister.
Reese didn't have a life jacket yet, so she spent most of the day hanging out with me at the chairs. My little Coppertone kid enjoys snack time the most anyway :)!
We had a ton of fun on our beach trip, and we've already started a cart on One Step Ahead with the things we need for our next one! I was actually going to buy the pop up cabana tent (for our little red head) and the cart to get everything on the beach on Sunday night, but that was also the night we bit the bullet and decided to go ahead and get the curtains for our room from Pottery Barn. We've been living without the curtains for three reasons: because we had no neighbors around our room (which is going to end soon), I had no clue what to do with the windows (one is really wide), and everything was so expensive. But we did it, and I almost had a heart attack. But one set is going up tomorrow, and the extra long set should be here soon!
Hopefully we'll get everything we need ordered in the next few days so that we can have a (slightly) more relaxing time on our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment