Monday, March 21, 2011

Hudson's Four Month Check Up!

Look at this little chunky monkey!  His 4 month appointment was this morning, and he loved having Daddy (and Mommy) all to himself!  While he and I were in the waiting room there was a 16 month old boy running around and his name was Hudson too.  His mom and I talked for a bit because she has two little ones 16 months apart.  I thought about asking if she wanted to form a support group!  Ha!

Hudson and I made it to the exam room and then I heard, "Which one are you here for today?  Hudson?" Brian saw the doctor before Hudson and I did! It's nice to know that my pediatrician recognizes us and can make the connection to our kids.  I mean, he should since we've seen him practically every three months since 2007, but it's still a nice feeling.

Here are Hudson's stats at 4 months:
15 pounds, 6 ounces (47th percentile)
24 inches (9th percentile)
16.5 head circumference (29th percentile)



He had a great check up and was smiley and happy for the entire exam.  Dr. Jones did say that at 15 pounds my little Tig should be able to sleep through the night - so I think we're going to start giving that a try.  It might break my heart, but I need sleep.  And it's motivation to actually put Hudson's crib together. 
 
He started crying while we were waiting for the nurse to come in and give him his two shots.  I felt so bad for him.  I had gotten him to sleep and he was so peaceful, and then I had to see the look on his face when he got he shots.  I mean, I saw it from 2 feet away because Brian does the shots, but it was so sad.  He's been pretty cranky since we got home, so I gave him some Tylenol and he seems to be okay.  I don't think he's going to start crying it out tonight.  I feel bad for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment